Watering plants is vital for their survival and ensuring their good health. However, we cannot always depend on the weather to provide plants with sufficient water. In hot weather, it is crucial to learn the do’s and don’ts of watering in order to keep plants healthy. Here are some important things to remember:
– Do water your plants early in the morning to ensure that they receive water efficiently and at the optimal time.
– Don’t water during the hottest part of the day as it can harm plants and cause unnecessary strain for you.
– Do water plants deeply, whether it is hot weather or not. Less frequent but deeper watering is always better.
– Don’t water lightly as it can cause issues for your plants.
– Do mulch to retain moisture in the soil, giving your plants the hydration they need during hot weather.
– Don’t overwater your plants, as both over and under watering can cause damage and lead to a decline in their health.
– Do check the moisture levels of your potted outdoor plants regularly, and adjust watering frequency to prevent soil from drying.
– Don’t forget to move your pots to keep them safe from extreme weather conditions.