The holidays are just around the corner. With just a little over two months left of the year, presents to buy, and gatherings to plan, you may find yourself running around frantically if you don’t plan properly.
While many people may enjoy holiday decorating, for others it can feel like a chore to set up and put away after the holidays.
To help you make your home or office festive and bright, we’ve put together some tips on holiday decorating.
- Plan ahead. This one may seem obvious, but mark a date and time on your calendar to set aside time to decorate. You could even break it up into smaller tasks, such as putting up the tree on Monday and putting on ornaments on Wednesday.
- Get creative with wrapping. You can reuse newspaper, last year’s wrapping paper, or any other scraps of paper. Use tissue paper and twine, ribbons, or last year’s wrapping paper to save money and time.
- Less is more. Don’t overdo it—this saying really is true! We love the way Buddy the Elf decorated the toy store, but you don’t need to go to that level. Keep it simple!
- Doesn’t have to be expensive. There is no need to spend hundreds of dollars on holiday décor when you probably already have some materials ready. Use what you already have such as branches, greenery, and flowers. You can make inexpensive ornaments look expensive simply by pairing them with the right combinations.
- Don’t stop at the front door. While the front door is a great place to start, don’t stop there! Continue the look by hanging lights throughout your home/office and adding touches of holiday fun in each room.
- Get the family together. Hanging ornaments and lights and putting up the Christmas tree is a lot easier when you have helping hands. Gather your family together and give each person a job to assist with.
- Stick to a color combo. Keep your décor sweet and simple by choosing a color combo. You can stick with traditional colors like green and red or you can be a little different and choose a color combo like blue and silver, or green and purple!
Holiday Decorating in Louisville, KY
Before you know it, the new year will be here so make plans today to get your holiday decorating done!
Too busy to get it done on your own?
No worries, we absolutely love holiday decorating and would be happy to take this off your plate for you. Give us a call today at (502) 241-5854 or fill out a form here!