Just like fashion, houseplants have trends too.
Plants have surged in popularity during the last several years due to people spending more time indoors. Indoor plants are an amazing way to bring the indoors outdoors and give your home a sense of calm and wellbeing.
As you prepare and make plans for the year to come, you may be wondering what new plants to bring into your home, so we’ve come up with some of the most popular indoor plants for 2023.
- Tree-like statement plants. An empty corner can suddenly burst to life with the addition of an oversized plant. Tall plants make a statement in your home office or bedroom. You could try bird of paradise, weeping fig, or a rubber fig.
- Hardy plants. Try low-maintenance plants that can withstand low light and can stand to be moved around a little such as money trees, succulents, peace lilies, and ZZ plants.
- Air purifying plants. Breathe easier while making your living and working spaces more aesthetically-pleasing. There are many options which can remove toxins and pollutants from the air such as pothos, chrysanthemums, broad lady palms, and dragon trees.
- Indoor-outdoor plants. Versatile and perfect for those who move often, plants like Sansevieria (snake plant), fuchsia, Geraniums (Pelargonium) can be transitioned from outside to inside and vice versa as temperatures change.
- String of succulent plants. Native to the drier parts of southwest Africa, string-of-pearls is a delicate, vining succulent. There are several other varieties of this gorgeous plant like string-of-buttons and string-of-bananas. Cool and whimsical shapes are the hallmark of this plant breed.
- Unique, weird plants. This new year, try something different! Funky air plants are low-maintenance and can add a fun and quirky vibe to your living space. Or, you could fool your friends with a living stone plant that resembles, like you may guess, a stone. A fishbone plant is a wild and whacky cactus that can add character to your space.
Prepare for the new year in style, with fresh new plants that speak to your personal taste and lifestyle. If you need any help of course don’t hesitate to reach out to our team at Anything Groes!